Priyaranjan Mohapatra Profile
Hello elite travelers & community members,
Glad I found this site, didn't know it existed :) I'm an avid UNESCO heritage list follower and get educated on them, take effort to visit them, and post the journey relish the experiences !
I like moving around, going places, soak in Cultures, see objects of unspeakable beauty crafted by nature, some unbelievable structures that triumph human ingenuity of the times, unique animals & bird life, or maybe just meeting new minds! towards personal fulfilment and enrichment.
All World Heritage Sites (WHS) have been formally determined to possess “outstanding universal value” to humanity. They rarely disappoint.
WHS are different, objective. They make you travel off the beaten path. Since I started on this journey late (about 18 years ago) I'm focusing on quantity. And while this may seem stressful, it did give me glimpses of human evolution around globe - maybe the 12,000 year old Thamudic petroglyphs in Wadi-Rum desert, or the exquisite craftmanship of medieval times in Hampi or Konark, or maybe the spectacular urban creation on top of a 8000 ft. mountain in middle of tropical forest, without aid of modern building techniques - Machu Pichhu!
Of late (ever since reaching a humble count of 100+) I collect differently....adding touristy to-dos, local cultural & culinary immersion, and some hike for the ground feel. Wish I had longer vacation days.
Feel like I have lived a 100 lives, walked on distant worlds and hope some day to see the end of time !
A big shout out to all fellow travelers !
Visited Sites Priyaranjan MohapatraLoad map Toggle Missing/Visited
- ●● Cultural
- ●● Natural
- ●● Mixed
Recent Reviews Priyaranjan Mohapatra
Ekamra Kshetra - The Temple City, Bhubaneswar (T)
Priyaranjan Mohapatra INDIA/USA - 25-Jan-22
This wonderful temple city complex. esp. after the recent cleanup by the provincial Government of Odisha ; unfolds in an array of majestic structures that one can go back 1200 years to visualize how life was back then !
Very Ornate group of temples, ponds , cultural stages, etc
Its an inexcusable miss either by UNESCO to not have it listed , or a case not well presented by the government to the World body!
It's older (800 AD) than the nearby Shri Jagannath temple in Puri, (about 1000 AD) which itself older than UNESCO listed Konark Sun temple (1200 AD).Read On
- Priyaranjan Mohapatra
- Most Impressive
- All are unique. Should not/Cannot list anything at top :)
Recently Visited WHS
- Update 18.04.22
Visited WHSRating StatsAvignon 5Cuzco 5Florence 5Iguacu 5Lima 5Petra 5Prague 5Québec 5Rome 5Uxmal 5Cartagena 4.5Hampi 4.5Ngorongoro 4.5Poverty Point 4.5Fujisan 4Naples 4Nice 4Pompei 4Wadi Rum 4Jantar Mantar 3.5Reims 3.5Bordeaux 3Red Fort 3
- Ancient Buddhist Site of Sarnath (T)
- Bahá'í House of Worship at New Delhi (T)
- Brooklyn Bridge (T)
- Buenos Aires – La Plata: Two capitals of the Culture of Modernity, Eclecticism and Immigration (T)
- Central Park (T)
- Chilika Lake (T)
- City of Tigre and its rowing clubs (T)
- Cold Desert Cultural Landscape of India (T)
- Delhi - A Heritage City (T)
- Early Chicago Skyscrapers (T)
- Ekamra Kshetra - The Temple City, Bhubaneswar (T)
- Ellis Island (T)
- Greek Archaeological ensemble in Empúries, l'Escala, Girona (T)
- Historic Lighthouses of The Bahamas (T)
- Historical City Centre of Yogyakarta (T)
- Iconic Riverfront of the Historic City of Varanasi (T)
- Jerash Archaeological City (Ancient Meeting Place of East and West) (T)
- Khor Dubai (T)
- Lake Titicaca (T)
- Les Alpes de la Méditerranée (France) (T)
- Les Alpes de la Méditerranée (Italy) (T)
- Les Alpes de la Méditerranée (Monaco) (T)
- Metz Royale et Impériale, enjeux de pouvoir, confrontations stylistiques et identité urbaine (T)
- Monuments and Forts of the Deccan Sultanate (T)
- Mt. Soraksan Nature Reserve (T)
- Mughal Gardens in Kashmir (T)
- Peruvian Central Railway (T)
- Rade de Marseille (T)
- Ring of cenotes of Chicxulub Crater, Yucatan (T)
- River island of Majuli (T)
- Seoul City Wall (T)
- The Marble Basin of Carrara (T)
- The Qutb Shahi Monuments of Hyderabad (T)