Meetup 2017 Gibraltar
Date: 8 and 9 September 2017, place: Gibraltar.
Focus of this year's meetup was Gibraltar, where a select group of WH Travellers got access to Gorham's Cave via a tour organized by the Gibraltar Museum. We extended it with a day tour to a WHS on another continent: Tetouan. The Spanish lands around Gibraltar also provided ample opportunities for exploring WHS such as Antequera, Alhambra and Úbeda and Baeza.
- Fri 8 Sept:
- Meet at the viewing platform, at the 1st and 2nd Europa Advance Battery
- Talk and Q&A by representative of the Gibraltar Museum at the viewing platform
- Group 1 (max 10) goes to the entrance of the Cave with guide (a five minute walk up the hill; then more arduous down the 344 steps & back – say 90 minutes)
- Group 2 goes back to Museum for guided visit and powerpoint presentation
- Convene for lunch at the Waterfront restaurant
- Sat 9 Sept
- Ferry Algeciras – Ceuta
- 3h Guided tour in Tetouan
- Moroccan lunch at the Blanco Riad and individual exploring time
- Return Ferry to Algeciras
Enjoy this collection of photos taken during this meetup.