Many WHS are connected with others in surprising ways.
What are connections?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source
|Connection Group||Amount of Connections|
|Religion and Belief||98|
|Science and Technology||30|
|WHS on Other Lists||46|
|World Heritage Process||61|
Recently Connected WHS
- Necropolis of Bet She'arim: Rock Cut Architecture
- Necropolis of Bet She'arim: Ossuary
- Ellora Caves: On Banknotes
- Sun Temple, Konarak: On Banknotes
- Ljubljana: Dubbed as another WHS
- Medina of Tunis: Spolia
- Kerkuane: Irrigation and drainage
- Kerkuane: Baths
- Kerkuane: Protective Shelters
- Amphitheater of El Jem: Historical Graffiti