Many WHS are connected with others in surprising ways.
What are connections?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source
|Connection Group||Amount of Connections|
|Religion and Belief||102|
|Science and Technology||31|
|WHS on Other Lists||50|
|World Heritage Process||62|
Recently Connected WHS
- Tarnowskie Góry Lead-Silver-Zinc Mine: Railways
- Tarnowskie Góry Lead-Silver-Zinc Mine: Neoclassical architecture
- Rabat: Moorish revival
- Segovia: Baroque
- Salamanca: Baroque
- Cordoba: Baroque
- Kasbah of Algiers: Moorish architecture
- Medina of Sousse: Moorish architecture
- Medina of Tunis: Moorish architecture
- Kairouan: Moorish architecture