Many WHS are connected with others in surprising ways.
What are connections?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source
- Mines which can be visited underground
- Sri Chinmoy Peace-Blossoms programme
- Marine extension
- Could become "Transboundary" if neighbouring T List entry were inscribed
- Cultural property cloning
- Digitized by Iconem
- Uncovered using Lidar
- Inscribed significantly for a Work of Fine Art by a single artist
Recently Connected WHS
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens: Zoroastrianism
- Hortobágy: Turtles and tortoises
- Hortobágy: Otters
- Hortobágy: No Buffer Zone
- Rock-Art of the Mediterranean Basin: World Biosphere Reserves
- Rammelsberg and Goslar: Mines which can be visited underground
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape: Mines which can be visited underground
- Las Medulas: Mines which can be visited underground
- Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine: Mines which can be visited underground
- Mining Sites of Wallonia: Mines which can be visited underground