Many WHS are connected with others in surprising ways.
What are connections?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source
|Connection Group||Amount of Connections|
|Religion and Belief||100|
|Science and Technology||30|
|WHS on Other Lists||47|
|World Heritage Process||61|
Recently Connected WHS
- Luther Memorials: Berlin hotspot
- Ouro Preto: On beer cans and bottles
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex: Thrones
- Quedlinburg: Vernacular architecture
- Quedlinburg: Romanesque
- Quedlinburg: Baroque
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex: Contiguous National Sites
- Jongmyo Shrine: Contiguous National Sites
- São Luis: Bazaars and Market Halls
- São Luis: Gothic