Bodil Ankerly Profile
I'm born in 1961 and my interest in WHS started many years ago, where I looked it up, whenever I was going on holiday: were there any sites nearby?
Now I don't mind travel some extra kilometers if there is a WHS nearby and I'm very fond of counting my visited WHS- thank God for this site.
My personal aim is to see at least 350 sites, because it is probably not realistic that I will see them all, unfortunately. Another passion I have is to visit as many countries as possible. Until now I have visited 46 countries, so there are still a few more to visit :-))
The picture shows Stonehenge, by the way.
Recent Reviews Bodil Ankerly
Bodil Ankerly Denmark - 12-Jul-18
I visited this WHS in March 2018. It started with a very pleasant and beautiful 50 minuts boattrip from V&A Waterfront, then in a bus with a guide (who actually was living on the island with his family) around the island to the prison where Nelson Mandela had been kept for 18 years. Our guide here was also a former ANC prisoner - and it was very interesting but also very sad to hear him speak about his time in jail. At the end of the tour we saw Mandelas prison cell.
The whole island is a museum now - a very interesting WHS and it is very important that we don't forget the history.Read On
- Bodil Ankerly
- Most Impressive
- The pyramides, Egypt Auchwitz-Birkenau, Poland
Recently Visited WHS
- Update 31.05.19
Visited WHSRating StatsRhodes 4Karlskrona 3.5Meknes 3
- Amalienborg and its district (T)
- Großglockner High Alpine Road / Großglockner Hochalpenstraße (T)
- Historical Lisbon, Global City (T)
- Jerusalem (T)
- Kerikeri Basin historic precinct (T)
- La Camargue (T)
- Le Chateau-fort médieval d'Esztergom (T)
- Massif du Mont Blanc (T)
- The Karlstejn Castle (T)
- The old villages of Hollókõ and Rimetea and their surroundings (T)
- Thingvellir National Park (T)
- Tokaj Wine Region (T)
- Volterra: Historical City and Cultural Landscape (T)