Viewable from another WHS
WHS which can be seen from another WHS. Excluding contiguous sites (which can obviously be seen across their mutual boundary!). Also multi-location sites if any of the locations are the same or are contiguous (even if not the chosen ones).
The view should be achievable as part of "normal" touristic viewing - thus it is not axiomatic that, if A can be seen from B, then B can be seen from A, since the view of B from A may be of parts of the site which are not accessible when visiting B.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Agra Fort: Can be seen from the terrace of the Taj Mahal
- Amiens Cathedral: From the belfry of Amiens
- Cape Floral Region: Can be seen looking south across the bay from Robben Island
- Central Highlands: From Kandy's Asgiriya monastery (key part of the inscription), Knuckles range (Central Highlands WHS) can be seen from afar.
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano: Costiera Amalfitana can be seen from the coast of Cilento National Park and the other way around
- Costiera Amalfitana: Costiera Amalfitana can be seen from the coast of Cilento National Park and the other way around
- Flemish Béguinages: The Beguinage of Mechelen can be seen from the St. Romboutstoren (one of the Belfry WHS)
- Florence: From Medici Villas and Gardens, such as Fiesole Link
- Forth Bridge: The tops of the superstructure can be seen from Edinburgh Castle e.g Link
- Garajonay: The southern slopes of Garajonay NP are visible from the Teide peak but also from many locations within the Western part of Teide NP.
- Khangchendzonga National Park: Kangchenjunga peak in Kangchendzonga National Park is visible from the Batasia loop on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, one of the Mountain Railways of India.
- Masjed-e Jâme': Masjed-e Jameh is viewable from the terrace of the Ali Qapu Palce in Maidan Emam Link
- Notre-Dame Cathedral in Tournai: From the top of the belfry in Tournai Link
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: From the Saint Jacques Tower from the Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Eiffel Tower can be seen from Le Corbusier location Immeuble locatif à la Porte Molitor Link
- Persian Garden: Bagh-e Chehel Sotun is viewable from the backside of the tower of Ali Qapu away from Meidan Link
- Pyramids (Memphis): Pyramids can be seen from Cairo citadel Link
- Pyrénées - Mont Perdu: Mont Perdu can be seen from the Parish church of Gavarnie (Route of Santiago in France).
- Reims: from Parc de la Butte Saint-Nicaise (St Nicase Hill) you can see the Basilique of St Remi (is actually in Buffer zone of Champagne WHS)
- Robben Island: Can easily be seen from Cape Peninsular NP facing North (e.g from the top of Table Mountain or Signal Hill) within the Cape Floral Region.
- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France: Saint Jacques Tower, from the inscribed section of Paris, Banks of the Seine; from the banks of the Canal Du Midi along the Boulevarde de Minimes in Toulouse it is possible to look down the Rue de la Concorde and see the tower of the Basilica of Saint-Sernin (Route of Compostela)
- Sigiriya: From Dambulla Link
- Taj Mahal: Can be seen from Agra Fort 2.5kms away - e.g. most famously from Musamman Burj Link
- Teide National Park: The entire mountain is visible from many points within Garajonay NP - most "famously" from its highest point.
- Vienna: From the Schönbrunn Gloriette you can see the outline of the “erste Bezirk” of Vienna
- Wartburg Castle: From Hainach's Wartburgblick (Beech Forests WHS) Link
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park: From Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump Link
- Works of Antoni Gaudí: Sagrada Familia can be seen from the grounds inside the entrance of the Hospital de Sant Pau - looking down the Avenida de Gaudi which links the 2 Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Viewable from another WHS?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source