Frequent destinations of the traditional travel around Europe made by upper class young men (17th-19th centuries)
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano: Paestum
- Lavaux, Vineyard Terraces: Obligatory stop to unwind before passing the Alps and going on to Rome (nomination file)
- Muskauer Park: Prince Hermann von P?ckler-Muskau was an avid traveller who went on a very extensive Grand Tour, at which he was inspired by new (exotic) ideas for his gardens
- Paris, Banks of the Seine
- Piazza del Duomo (Pisa)
- Pont du Gard: From the 18th century onwards, particularly after the construction of the new road bridge, it became a famous staging-post for travellers on the Grand Tour (wiki)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy
- Royal Palace at Caserta
- Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Val d'Orcia
- Vatican City
- Venice and its Lagoon
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli)
- Villa d'Este
Notice: Undefined offset: 1156 in /usr/home/elsslots/test/src/model/factory/TagSiteFactory.php on line 133
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/home/elsslots/test/src/model/factory/TagSiteFactory.php on line 133
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Grand Tour?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source