Man-made or naturally-occurring representations of human or animal body parts incised in rock (i.e not full body representations).
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Ancient Nara: Buddha's footprint at Yakushi-ji
- Central Highlands: Footprint at Adam's Peak (of Buddha, Adam, Shiva or Saint Thomas).
- Hal Saflieni Hypogeum: A carved left hand is to be found on the wall of the Decorated Hall in the Hypogeum
- Istanbul: Footprint of Mohammed in Topkapi
- Kernavë: See " 16.1.4. the stone with 'footmarks of the Christ, the Virgin Mary and the lamb', M 123;" in this link for Kernave Link
- Mesa Verde: Hand glyphs Link
- Old City of Jerusalem: Foundation Stone on the Dome of the Rock has "marks" of the footprint of Mohammed (made as he stepped upon it to mount his horse Barak when commencing his ride to Paradise), Barak's Hoofprint and the hand/finger print of Gabriel (who was holding back the rock as it tried to follow Mohammed).
- Rome: The Church of San Sebasiano Fuori le Mura contains a stone "carrying the alleged footprints of Jesus related to the episode of "Quo Vadis" in the apocryphal Acts of Peter"
- St. Kilda: At Portpatrick on the Island of St. Kilda, there is the impression of a pair of knees and a right hand, said to be those of St. Patrick in the posture of prayer
- Tchogha Zanbil: There is apparently a 3,000 year old footprint of a child at the foot of the Ziggurat. Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Petrosomatoglyphs?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source