Extended from original TWHS
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria: Originally only Qal' at Sem'an (Saint-Symeon).
- Bauhaus Sites: Only Dessau - Bauhaus on GDR's Tentative List
- Berlin Modernism Housing Estates: Originally only Hufeisensiedlung.
- Central Highlands: Originally only Peak Wilderness Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Cerrado Protected Areas: Originally only Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (1999).
- Dengfeng: Originally only Songshan. An extended nomination followed a referral of the original nomination in 2009.
- Ferapontov Monastery: Originally only Rojdestva Bogoroditsy Cathedral.
- Fortifications of Vauban: From Besancon (1984).
- Ibiza: Originally only D'alt Vila. An extended nomination followed a rejection in 1987.
- Incense Route of the Negev: Originally only Shivta (Sobota).
- Kasbah of Algiers: Dey's Palace at Algiers
- Longobards in Italy: Originally only Cividale del Friuli
- Luther Memorials: To include Eisleben
- Medici Villas and Gardens: extended from Medici villa of Poggio a Cajano
- Modena: extended from former TWHS Modena Cathedral (1982)
- Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands: of former TWHS Portovenere (1982)
- Potsdam: Extended from original TWHS Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam (DDR T List)
- Quedlinburg: Site on GDR's Tentative List only included Burgberg and Stiftkirche
- Reims: extended from former TWHS Reims cathedral (1984)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: Originally only those in Turin
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy: Originally only 4 sacri monti (Varallo, Orta, Cerveno and Varese)
- Seville: extended from former TWHS Giralda of Seville (1984)
- South China Karst: Originally Lunan Stone Forest Scenic Zone. A serial proposal followed a rejection of the original nomination in 1992.
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District: 20 September 1999 (Chilehaus), 1 February 2007 (extended to include Speicherstadt and the Kontorhaus district)" (AB)
- Stralsund and Wismar: Originally only Old Market - Stralsund at GDR's Tentative List
- The Persian Qanat: Only Gonabad qanat was originally proposed
- Toledo: extended from former TWHS Hospital of Toldeo (1984)
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: Originally only Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz.
- Val di Noto: extended from Historical centre of Noto (1982)
- Valparaiso: From Historic Quarter of the Seaport City of Vaparaíso
- Venice and its Lagoon: Originally only Torcello.
- Wadden Sea: From only the Lower Saxony part of the NP in Germany (1989)
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park: Originally only the American part. A transnational proposal followed a deferral of the original nomination in 1985.
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak Carpathians: Originally only Kezmarok.
- Xanthos-Letoon: Originally only Xanthos. Letoon added at inscription
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Extended from original TWHS?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source