Extended from original TWHS
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria: Originally only Qal' at Sem'an (Saint-Symeon).
- Bauhaus Sites: Only Dessau - Bauhaus on GDR's Tentative List
- Berlin Modernism Housing Estates: Originally only Hufeisensiedlung.
- Central Highlands: Originally only Peak Wilderness Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Cerrado Protected Areas: Originally only Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (1999).
- Dengfeng: Originally only Songshan. An extended nomination followed a referral of the original nomination in 2009.
- Ferapontov Monastery: Originally only Rojdestva Bogoroditsy Cathedral.
- Fortifications of Vauban: From Besancon (1984).
- Ibiza: Originally only D'alt Vila. An extended nomination followed a rejection in 1987.
- Incense Route of the Negev: Originally only Shivta (Sobota).
- Kasbah of Algiers: Dey's Palace at Algiers
- Longobards in Italy: Originally only Cividale del Friuli
- Luther Memorials: To include Eisleben
- Medici Villas and Gardens: extended from Medici villa of Poggio a Cajano
- Modena: extended from former TWHS Modena Cathedral (1982)
- Pompei: "Finally, ICOMOS strongly recommends the inclusion in the nomination of the Villa Oplontis at Torre Annunziata....... These proposals were discussed with the Soprintendenza. Subsequently, full documentation was received by ICOMOS and the UNESCO World Heritage Centre for the extension of the original nomination as proposed by ICOMOS." (AB evaluation)
- Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands: of former TWHS Portovenere (1982)
- Potsdam: Extended from original TWHS Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam (DDR T List)
- Quedlinburg: Site on GDR's Tentative List only included Burgberg and Stiftkirche
- Rabat: FTWHS encompassed only Sale with the Muslim necropolis of Chellah
- Reims: extended from former TWHS Reims cathedral (1984)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: Originally only those in Turin
- Royal Joseon Tombs: From Tomb of King Munyong
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy: Originally only 4 sacri monti (Varallo, Orta, Cerveno and Varese)
- Seville: extended from former TWHS Giralda of Seville (1984)
- South China Karst: Originally Lunan Stone Forest Scenic Zone. A serial proposal followed a rejection of the original nomination in 1992.
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District: 20 September 1999 (Chilehaus), 1 February 2007 (extended to include Speicherstadt and the Kontorhaus district)" (AB)
- Stralsund and Wismar: Originally only Old Market - Stralsund at GDR's Tentative List
- The Persian Qanat: Only Gonabad qanat was originally proposed
- Toledo: extended from former TWHS Hospital of Toldeo (1984)
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: Originally only Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz.
- Val di Noto: extended from Historical centre of Noto (1982)
- Valparaiso: From Historic Quarter of the Seaport City of Vaparaíso
- Venice and its Lagoon: Originally only Torcello.
- Wadden Sea: From only the Lower Saxony part of the NP in Germany (1989)
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park: Originally only the American part. A transnational proposal followed a deferral of the original nomination in 1985.
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak Carpathians: Originally only Kezmarok.
- Xanthos-Letoon: Originally only Xanthos. Letoon added at inscription
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Extended from original TWHS?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source