Art Deco buildings which are included in WHS inscriptions. Limited to:
a. Significant buildings
b. Buildings whose Art Deco credentials are referred to in the Inscription document or Advisory Body review
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Belfries: Beffroi de l'Hôtel de Ville (Charleroi) Link
- Belfries: Beffroi de Lille Link
- Edinburgh: St Andrew's House Link
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works: The Theatre
- La Chaux-de-Fonds / Le Locle: The Fine Arts Museum Chaux de Fonds Link
- Liverpool: Queensway Mersey tunnel buildings
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin: Gare de Lens Link
- Old Havana: Bacardi Building Link
- Oporto: Coliseu do Porto Link
- Panamá: Building at Plaza de la Independencia (Casco Viejo)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Palais de Chaillot
- Rio de Janeiro: Christ the Redeemer - considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world (wiki) Link
- Singapore Botanic Gardens : many black and white British bungalows shows how the style incorporated elements of UK's Arts and Crafts and Art Deco movements
- Valparaiso: Several buildings in the Upper Town, some now turned into hotels
- Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Art Deco?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source