The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Banska Stiavnica
- Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains: Barberton was established during the 1884 Barberton Gold Rush, and gold has been mined in Barberton nearly continuously since that time (AB ev)
- Darien National Park: "An important bird watching site is located in the Cana Scientific Station in the centre of the park where there was once the Espiritu Santo Gold Mine (opened as a gold mine by the Spanish, the Cana mine produced gold continuously until 1727. This mine was later reopened by the Darien Gold Mining Company and operated until 1907, producing about 4 tons of gold)."
- Forts and Castles Gold Coast: Originally built to profit from the gold trade. Elmina means "the mine".
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins
- Kakadu National Park
- Las Medulas
- Oaxaca and Monte Alban
- Ouro Preto
- Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara
- Ruins of Loropéni
- Santa Cruz de Mompox: Gold trade and royal mint
- Vredefort Dome: Gold mining (1888-1920)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Gold production?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source