The jaguar is the largest cat species in the Americas. Jaguar populations are rapidly declining. The species is listed as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List.
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Atlantic Forest South-East
- Belize Barrier Reef: In Bacalar Chico National Park
- Canaima National Park Link
- Central Amazon Conservation Complex
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve
- Cerrado Protected Areas
- Darien National Park
- Discovery Coast: Descobrimento National Park Link
- Iguazu National Park
- Los Katios National Park Link
- Manu National Park
- Noel Kempff Mercado National Park Link
- Palenque Link
- Rio Abiseo National Park
- Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve
- Sangay National Park
- Sian Ka'an
- Talamanca Range-La Amistad Reserves Link
- Tikal National Park
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Jaguar habitat?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source