Sites "on the territory of all concerned States Parties having adjacent borders (transboundary property)." (Operational Guidelines) - this in contrast to Serial Transnational Sites, which are not contiguous and have their own Connection.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Belovezhskaya Pushcha / Bialowieza Forest
- Curonian Spit
- Glacier parks
- High Coast / Kvarken Archipelago
- Landscapes of Dauria
- Maloti Drakensberg
- Monte San Giorgio
- Mount Nimba
- Muskauer Park
- Pyrénées - Mont Perdu
- Rhaetian Railway
- Sangha Trinational: 3 countries (Cameroon, Centr. Afr. Republic, Congo (Republic))
- Talamanca Range-La Amistad Reserves
- Uvs Nuur Basin
- Victoria Falls
- W-Arly-Pendjari Complex: 3 countries (Niger, Benin, Burkina Faso)
- Wadden Sea: 3 countries (Netherlands, Germany, Denmark)
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Transboundary sites?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source