The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Aggtelek and Slovak Karst: fire salamander (UNEP-WCMC)
- Central Amazon Conservation Complex: 3 species of worm-salamanders
- Great Smoky Mountains: Red-cheeked Salamander (Plethodon jordani) 27 species of salamander are found in the park, considered the most diverse in the world - nomination file
- Hubei Shennongjia: Chinese Giant Salamander
- Jeju: Jeju Salamander (Hynobius quelpartensis) - nomination file
- Mount Wuyi: Chinese giant salamander, the largest salamander in the world
- Olympic National Park: Olympic torrent salamander (Endemic)
- Putorana Plateau: Siberian salamander
- Skocjan Caves: proteus or cave salamander (UNEP-WCMC)
- Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch: alpine salamander (UNEP-WCMC)
- Volcanoes of Kamchatka: Siberian salamander
- Wulingyuan: Chinese giant salamander
- Yellowstone: Tiger Salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum) - nomination file
- Yosemite National Park: Mount Lyell Salamander (Hydromantes platycephalus) - nomination file
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Salamanders?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source