Sites that were part of the Phoenician cultural empire or trading world.
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Byblos: Phoenician city-state
- Caves of Maresha and Bet Guvrin: Phoenician presence (AB ev)
- Crac des Chevaliers: Qal'at Salah El-Din
- Ibiza: Port founded by Phoenician settlers in 654 BC
- Kasbah of Algiers: Phoenician commercial outpost
- Kerkuane: Important Phoenician city-state
- Leptis Magna: Founded by Phoenician colonists ca. 1100 BC
- Medina of Sousse: Founded by the Phoenicians
- Sabratha: Founded as a Phoenician trading-post ca. 500 BC
- Site of Carthage: Founded by the Phoenicians
- Tipasa: Founded by the Phoenicians
- Tyre: Phoenician city-state
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Phoenician world?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source