Holy Roman Emperor from 1519 to 1556.
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Aachen Cathedral: Coronation on 23 october 1520
- Aranjuez: Bought it as hunting grounds
- Cordoba: "The most significant alteration was building a Renaissance cathedral nave in the middle of the structure. It was constructed by permission of Charles V"
- Donana National Park: was the favorite hunting reserve of Charles V
- El Escurial: Place where he's burried
- Granada: Destroyed parts of the Alhambra for his own palace
- Loire Valley: visited the chateaus in 1539 on demand of the king of France
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: stayed at the Palazzo Te on two occasions, in 1530 and 1532
- Potosi: first called "Villa Imperial de Carlos V"
- Toledo: the temporary seat of the supreme power under Charles V, who endowed it with the status of imperial and crowned city
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Charles V?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source