Carrara marble is a type of white or blue-grey marble of high quality, popular for use in sculpture and building decor. It is quarried in the city of Carrara located in the northernmost tip of modern-day Tuscany, Italy. (wiki)
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Florence: Duomo + belfry + other churches and chapels apart from David and other statues
- Monticello: The Rotunda
- Piazza del Duomo (Pisa): Tower and church
- Pienza: Pozzo del Rossellino
- Rome: Pantheon, Trajan's Column, Column of Marcus Aurelius
- Santa Ana de los Rios de Cuenca: New Cathedral: ... the floor is covered with pink marble, brought from Carrara (Italy) (wiki)
- Siena: Duomo
- Valletta: St John Co-Cathedral tombstones Link
- Vatican City: Pietà statue and other works of art in Musei Vaticani + Palazzo San Carlo
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Carrara marble?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source