The Carolingian Empire of Charlemagne and his family (also known as Frankish Kingdoms"" ) covered parts of what is today Germany and France from the 5th to the 9th century."
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Aachen Cathedral
- Abbey and Altenmünster of Lorsch
- Benedictine Convent of St. John
- Loire Valley: Oratoire carolingien de Germigny-des-Prés Link
- Regensburg: Regensburg was their regional capital and Charlemagne visited it regularly from 788 on; there are also some remains of a Carolingian palace found
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: Koblenz
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Carolingian Empire?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source