World's Highest Topographically isolated summits
4. World's Highest Topographically isolated summits
WHS containing one of the World's 40 most isolated summits. (Isolation in kms/Ht in m)
"The topographic isolation of a summit is the Great Circle distance to the nearest point of equal elevation. Topographic isolation represents a radius of dominance in which the summit is the highest point." (Wiki). See here.
Isolation Map - link.
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to World's Highest Topographically isolated summits?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source