Republic of Venice
The Republic was an Italian state originating from the city of Venice. It existed from the late 7th century until the late 18th century.
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Botanical Garden, Padua
- Butrint: The triangular fortress (Angevin and Venetian period) and a Venetian defensive tower
- Cathedral of St. James in Sibenik
- Euphrasian Basilica in Porec: Porec was Venetian for over 500 years
- Ferrara: Comacchio was part of the Republic of Venice between 1508 and 1598
- Mystras: Occupied from 1687 to 1715
- Venetian Works of Defence
- Venice and its Lagoon
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Republic of Venice?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source