WHS that are both cultural and industrial landscapes. The broad definition of "Cultural landscape" is used here: declared as such in the AB evaluation, but not necessary registered like that by Unesco.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Blaenavon Industrial Landscape
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape
- Fray Bentos: Official name as inscribed is "Fray Bentos Industrial Landscape". The AB also describes it as a "Cultural Landscape" and comments "The Preface to the nomination dossier points out that the Latin American and Caribbean Group GRULAC agreed that Fray Bentos Cultural-Industrial Landscape was the most representative of a great part of the historical development process in the American continent"
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Industrial Landscapes?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source