The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Bamiyan Valley: "The valley was abandoned for a long period, but at the end of the 19th century, the caves were inhabited and used as shelters for domestic animals." (AB evaluation)
- Chief Roi Mata's Domain: Lelepa Cave was the residence of the chiefs according to local tradition.
- Cilento and Vallo di Diano: Castelcivita Caves were probably used as a hiding place for Spartacus' rebels army
- Cliff of Bandiagara: Inhabited by the Tellem and the Dogon, until now
- Gobustan Rock Art: The site also features the remains of inhabited caves, settlements and burials, all reflecting an intensive human use (AB ev)
- Grand Canyon: Hopi dwellings
- Göreme NP
- Incense Route of the Negev: Avdat
- Le Morne
- Masada: The Hermit Cave, used by Byzantine monks
- Mesa Verde
- Qadisha Valley
- Rapa Nui
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Cave dwellings?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source