An astronomical clock is a clock with special mechanisms and dials to display astronomical information, such as the relative positions of the sun, moon, zodiacal constellations, and sometimes major planets.
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Bourges Cathedral: The Astronomical Clock of Bourges cathedral dates back to 1424 and was made by the canon and mathematician Jean Furosis. The clock is made of a tower holding two clocks, painted red and decorated with flowers, shields and golden lines. Link
- Lyon: Cathedral
- Lübeck: at St.-Marien-Kirche
- Maritime Greenwich: In the Royal Observatory Link
- Old City of Berne
- Roskilde Cathedral
- Venice and its Lagoon: St Mark's
- Versailles Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Astronomical clocks?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source