Thefts since inscription
Important objects stolen from WHS after they have been inscribed.
The connection belongs to Damaged connections.
- Auschwitz Birkenau: Auschwitz death camp sign stolen (Dec 18 2009) - resolved Link
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks: August 2011: six slabs of rock from the Burgess Shale fossil site were stolen (the thieves were caught within a day and the rocks recovered) Link
- Kii Mountain Range: Statue Head (Jun 20 2008) Link
- Medieval Monuments in Kosovo: Roof from Church of Our Lady of Ljeviš - for the valuable lead (wiki)
- Ningaloo Coast: Giant tooth of ancient 15-metre shark stolen (March 2018) Link
- Ohrid Region: 9 icons were stolen from the Church of St. John at Kaneo in the 1980s
- Route of Santiago de Compostela: Codex Calixtinus manuscript stolen from Santiago de Compostela Link
- Santiago de Compostela: Codex Calixtinus manuscript stolen from Santiago de Compostela Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Thefts since inscription?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source