The connection belongs to Damaged connections.
- Central Sikhote-Alin: Sikhote-Alin is an iron meteorite that fell in 1947 on the Sikhote-Alin Mountains in southeastern Siberia (wiki) Link
- Lenggong Valley: A meteorite strike 1.83 million b.p. blocked and diverted the river preserving Palaeolithic tools at Bukit Bunuh(Unesco website)
- Purnululu National Park: Piccaninny Crater Link
- Stevns Klint
- Tajik National Park: Karakul (Black Lake) lies within a circular depression interpreted as a meteorite impact crater with a rim diameter of 52 km (32 mi). The impact event is estimated to have occurred about 25 million years ago, or less than 5 million years ago. The Karakul impact structure remained unidentified until it was discovered through studies of imagery taken from space. (wiki)
- Tasmanian Wilderness: There is a large meteorite impact crater of Pleistocene age in the Andrew River valley of significance on the world scale (UNEP-WCMC)
- Vredefort Dome: a representative part of a larger meteorite impact structure, or astrobleme (Unesco website)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Meteorite impact?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source