WHS where Faux marble techniques include marbleizing, scagliola and marmorino were used (on a larger scale).
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Archaeological Site of Aigai: marble stucco at the royal palace
- Chartres Cathedral
- Drottningholm: Drottningsholm Theatre
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island): Bode Museum
- Pompei: marbleizing ("Faux stone painting was widely used in Pompeii", wiki)
- Saint-Savin sur Gartempe
- St. Petersburg: Peter and Paul Cathedral, Pavlovsk Palace, Jussopov Palace
- Thessalonika: Ottoman faux marble at Hagia Sophia
- Versailles: Venus Room in Versailles Palace
- Vienna: scagliola and marbleizing in many Ring palaces such as the parliament and the art museum
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Faux marble?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source