Hadrian was emperor of Rome from 117 to 138 AD
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Aphrodisias: public baths dedicated to the emperor Hadrian (AB ev)
- Archaeological Site of Delphi: in 125, the emperor Hadrian had a statue in his honor built at Delphi (AB ev)
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire: Ordered construction of Hadrian's Wall
- Old City of Jerusalem: Emperor Hadrian visited the, then ruined, Jerusalem in 129 AD
- Palmyra: Visited in 129 AD
- Rome: Castel Sant' Angelo - his mausoleum, plus several other buildings
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli): His rural residence
- Xanthos-Letoon: Letoon - Emperor Hadrian founded an emperor worship cult at the site Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Emperor Hadrian?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source