Sites associated with the the cremation of human bodies.
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Auschwitz Birkenau: Crematoria for murdered Concentration Camp victims
- Ayutthaya: Ayutthaya's Rajburana Temple was the cremation ground site for King Boromraja's brothers
- Fray Bentos: cremation of animal remains at the factory
- Kathmandu Valley: Pashputinath Ghats. Active Hindu cremation site
- Luang Prabang: Luang Prabang's royal cremation chariot is kept in Wat Xiang Thonh
- Skogskyrkogarden: Crematorium
- Tchogha Zanbil: "A building on the grounds contains five vaulted underground tombs, within four of which are cremated remains, and there is one uncremated corpse. The Elamites traditionally buried their dead, and the reason for the cremation is unknown." Link
- Willandra Lakes: Site of earliest discovered remains of a human cremation - "Mungo Lady" at Mungo Lake c26-20 000 years ago
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Cremation?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source