Built or owned by Poles
WHS, or significant parts thereof, that were once built or owned by Poles (outside the current borders of Poland)
|Funerary and memory sites of the First World War||MA04 National French Necropolis, Military German Cemetery and Military Polish Cemetery – it is noted that the Polish burials date back to the Second World War (AB ev)|
|L'viv||The Domenican Church was commissioned by Józef Potocki|
|Nancy||Stanislas Leszczynski (more "designed" by him than built)|
|Old City of Jerusalem||Dom Polski|
|Rio de Janeiro||Christ the Redeemer statue was made by the Polish-French monument sculptor Paul Landowski|
|Rome||Santo Stanislao dei Polacchi is the Polish national church in Rome - Papa Gregorio XIII concesse la chiesa al cardinale polacco Stanislao Osio, che nel 1580 fece rifare completamente la chiesa, che divenne chiesa nazionale dei polacchi a Roma, e la dedicò al patrono della Polonia, san Stanislao Szczepanowski. (Wiki)|
|Vilnius||Church of the Holy Spirit|
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built or owned by Poles?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source