Built in the 5th century BC
WHS whose OUV derives entirely or significantly from 5th century BC constructions. Where construction straddles the centuries the date of conception/commencement is used i.e which century does the site really "belong" to in spirit.
The connection belongs to Timeline connections.
- Acropolis: Its masterpieces (Parthenon, Propylaea) date from the 5th century
- Agrigento: great temples were built during the rule of the tyrant Thero (488-473 BC)
- Ancient Merv: The succession of cities, which together once encompassed over 1000 ha, date from the 5th century BCE to the present day. The first city was Erk Kala. Link
- Chongoni Rock Art: earliest archaeological remains
- Tauric Chersonese: Chersonese city was founded in the 5th century BCE as a colonial settlement of the Dorian Greeks (Unesco), see also full site name
- Temple of Apollo Epicurius at Bassae: built from 420 to 400 BC
- Vineyard Landscape of Piedmont: Vine pollen has been found in the area dating from the 5th century BC (Nom File).
- Zuojiang Huashan Rock Art: Dating from around the 5th century BCE to the 2nd century CE (Rock art, AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built in the 5th century BC?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source