WHS related to Phoenix, a mythical bird.
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Ancient Kyoto: Kyoto's Pavilions of Kinkakuji, Ginkakuji and Byodo-in are topped with Phoenix statues
- Bukhara: Bukhara's Nadir Divan-Begi Madrasah has Phoenix decorative
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex: Changdeokgung's Throne Hall, centered in the staircase is a carving of a phoenix, representing authority and the king
- Hiraizumi: Hiraizumi's altar of golden Konjikido Hall is adorned with inlaid phoenix motif
- Imperial Palace: one of the small statues decorating the roof to protect evils is Phoenix and a large Phoenix statue in front of Empress Hall
- Imperial Tombs: Tombs of Empresses and concubines are decorated with Phoenix motif
- Old Town of Lijiang: Lijiang's Five Phoenix Hall of Black Dragon Pool
- Phoenix Islands: The name "Phoenix" for this group of islands seems to have been settled on in the 1840s, after an island of that name within the group. Phoenix Island was probably named after one of the many whaleships of that name plying these waters in the early 19th century. (wiki)
- Summer Palace: Beijing Summer Palace has large Bronze statue of Phoenix in front of the Empress Cixi' hall
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Phoenix?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source