WHS where the use of the colour Falun Red is a significant feature in the decoration of its constructions. It's about the use of this particular kind of paint or hue of red (not about specifically paints made in Falun paint factory).
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland
- Engelsberg Ironworks
- Falun Great Copper Mountain: Falun mine was one of the prime sources of the pigment
- Old Rauma: Although it is not a primary color in the old town, it is widely used in the buildings. Watch the Schätze der Welt video of Rauma (from about 12 min) where they cook punamulta / Falun Red in traditional way for Old Rauma buildings. Link
- Petäjävesi Old Church : The lower timber walls and part of the bell tower are painted with punamulta / Falun Red. The paint is also used for the inside decorations.
- Rock Art of Alta Link
- Rock Carvings in Tanum Link
- Verla Groundwood and Board Mill: The wooden corridor between brick buildings is painted with punamulta / Falun Red. Also some of the wooden buildings in the core zone are painted with the same paint. Additionally, the rock carvings near Verla are painted with punamulta / Falun Red
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Falun Red?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source