Roman Province in its official title
WHS whose official title references a Roman Province. The number and boundaries of Roman Provinces varied across the history of the Republic and Empire as a result of conquest and reorganisation. Any province created during these periods whose name is reflected in the official title of a WHS is valid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_province
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria: Syria. Created 64BC Link
- Cyrene: Creta et Cyrenaica. Created 67BC Link
- Dacian Fortresses: Dacia. Created 106AD Link
- Göreme NP: Göreme National Park and the Rock Sites of Cappadocia - Cappadocia. Created 17AD Link
- Pannonhalma: Pannonia (= Hill of Pannonia). Created c 20AD Link
- Petra: Arabia Petraea Created 106AD Link
- Rhaetian Railway: Rhaetia . Created 15BC Link
- Tarraco: Hispania Tarraconensis. Created 27BC Link
- Thracian tomb of Kazanlak: Thrace, Created as Provincia Thracia in 46AD Link
- Thracian tomb of Sveshtari: Thrace, Created as Provincia Thracia in 46AD Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Roman Province in its official title?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source