Contact Rock Art
Rock art scenes that depict aspects of cultural contact between indigenous groups and European settlers/colonists.
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Camino Real: In the Cueva de Avalos, several representations of the Christian cross exist (nom file), also horse carts etc
- Kakadu National Park: Nanguluwur .....(t)here is also an interesting example of "contact art" depicting a two-masted sailing ship with anchor chain and a dinghy trailing behind. (wiki)
- Maloti Drakensberg: British soldiers depicted at Main Caves, Giant's Castle
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Contact Rock Art?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source