The Archean Eon is one of the four geologic eons of Earth history, occurring 4,000 to 2,500 million years ago.
The connection belongs to Timeline connections.
- Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains: the best-preserved, thick and diverse succession of volcanic and sedimentary rocks dating back 3.6 to 3.25 billion years to the early part of the Archean Eon (AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Archean?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source