Buildings constructed without the use of nails.
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Ancient Kyoto: Kiyomizudera: "The main hall, which together with the stage was built without the use of nails," (japan-guide.com)
- Kernavë Archeological Site: The original structures such as the wooden chapel, as well as the replicas in the attached Open Air Museum were built without the use of nails
- Kizhi Pogost Link
- Silk Roads: Xi'an Drum Tower: "there is no iron nail used anywhere in the Tower" Link
- Urnes Stave Church Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to No Nails?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source