Gorillas are ground-dwelling, predominantly herbivorous apes that inhabit the forests of central Africa.
The eponymous genus Gorilla is divided into two species: the eastern gorillas and the western gorillas, and either four or five subspecies:
- Western lowland gorilla (subspecies of western gorilla)
- Cross River gorilla (subspecies of western gorilla)
- Mountain gorilla (subspecies of eastern gorilla)
- Eastern lowland gorilla (subspecies of eastern gorilla)
- Bwindi gorilla (sometimes considered as a subspecies of the eastern gorilla)
|Bwindi Impenetrable National Park||Bwindi gorilla|
|Dja Faunal Reserve||Western lowland gorilla|
|Kahuzi-Biega National Park||Eastern lowland gorilla|
|Lopé-Okanda||Western lowland gorilla|
|Sangha Trinational||Western Lowland Gorilla|
|Virunga National Park||Mountain gorilla and Eastern lowland gorilla|
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Gorilla habitat?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source