Gorillas are ground-dwelling, predominantly herbivorous apes that inhabit the forests of central Africa.
The eponymous genus Gorilla is divided into two species: the eastern gorillas and the western gorillas, and either four or five subspecies:
- Western lowland gorilla (subspecies of western gorilla)
- Cross River gorilla (subspecies of western gorilla)
- Mountain gorilla (subspecies of eastern gorilla)
- Eastern lowland gorilla (subspecies of eastern gorilla)
- Bwindi gorilla (sometimes considered as a subspecies of the eastern gorilla)
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Gorilla habitat?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source