Pyramidal-shaped WHS (excluding Ziggurats, which have their own connection)
The connection belongs to Constructions connections.
- Agadez: Its 27 metre tall minaret is in the form of a truncated pyramid. (AB ev)
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria: "Al-Bara.... is renowned for its 6th century pyramidal tombs" (AB ev)
- Angkor: Baksei Chamkrong, Ak Yum and other temples are pyramidal
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe: 40 m high pyramid (AB ev)
- Borobudur: a general design similar to the shape of pyramid (wiki)
- Cahokia Mounds
- Chan Chan: Huaca Obispo
- Chola Temples
- Crespi d'Adda: Crespi chapel - a decorated tower-pyramid (official website)
- El Tajin
- Gebel Barkal
- Koguryo Kingdom: Tomb of the General
- Kremlin and Red Square: Red Square - Lenin's Mausoleum
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor Link
- Meroe: several pyramidal funerary monuments
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: Templo Mayor
- Oaxaca and Monte Alban: Monte Alban
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Louvre
- Polonnaruva: Sathmahal Prasada, a pyramid shaped, seven storied building, thought to be an unusually shaped stupa.
- Potsdam: In Neuer Garten Link
- Pyramids (Memphis)
- Quebrada de Humahuaca: At the Pucara in Tilcara: ... stands a monument resembling a pyramid with a truncated top. It is a tribute to archeologists Juan D. Ambrosetti, Salvador Debenedetti and Eric Boman, and it was built by architect Mart?n Noel in 1935. Link
- Rome: Pyramid of Cestius
- Tequila: Teuchitlan site of Guachimontones, '..In the centre is an extant multi-layered circular pyramid with four staircases'
- Tikal National Park
- Tiwanaku: The Akapana Pyramid Link
- Tomb of Askia: The tomb is pyramidal
- Vienna: memorial to Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria sculpted by Antonio Canova, in the Augustinian Church Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Pyramids?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source