Da Cunha Family
Family of Portuguese Explorers and Naval/Army commanders noteable in the early 16th Century.
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Churches and Convents of Goa: Nuno da Cunha, son of Tristan, was Governor of the Portuguese "Estado da ?ndia" from 1529-38 and transferred its capital from Cochi to Goa in 1538 where it remained througout the Imperial period.
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands: Tristan da Cunha was the first person to record having seen the archipelago which includes Inaccessible Island
- Socotra Archipelago: Tristan da Cunha captured it in 1507
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Da Cunha Family?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source