Cultural sites damaged by fire since inscription
A number of cultural world heritage sites have been damaged by fire after they have been inscribed.
The connection belongs to Damaged connections.
- Aleppo: Al-Madina Souq (sept 2012) Link
- Ancient Kyoto: Juntei Kannondo hall of Daigoji temple - August 2008
- Churches and Convents of Goa: Sanctuary of Bom Jesus Oct 21 2004 Link
- Classical Weimar: Anna Amalia Library - Sept 2004
- Derwent Valley Mills: June 16 2009
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens: Fatih Paşa Mosque, Dec. 7 2015 Link
- Edinburgh: Old town of Edinbugh had a major fire in Dec 2002.
- Historic Jeddah: 6 historic buildings damaged in August 2017 Link
- Hwaseong Fortress: Hwaseong's Seojangdae Pavilion in May 2006
- Liverpool: Bluecoat Art Gallery (May 2008)
- Macao: A-Ma Temple (Feb 2016) Link
- Maritime Greenwich: Cutty Sark - May 2007
- Melaka and George Town: George Town's Lebuh Armenian Street in December 2008
- Mount Athos: Chilandar monastery - Mar 2004
- Mountain Railways of India: Kandaghat railway station at Kalka-Shimla railway (May 2011) Link
- Nord-Pas de Calais Mining Basin: Bruay-La-Buissière art deco hotel-de- ville (8 June 2017)
- Novodevichy Convent: March 2015
- Old Town Lunenburg: St John's Anglican church - Nov 2001
- Potsdam: Potsdam's Glienicke Jagdschloss in April 2003
- Quedlinburg: April 2011 Link
- Québec: Historic drill hall - April 2008
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: Castello di Moncalieri - April 2008
- Royal Palaces of Abomey: Devastating fire on 21 January 2009 at the Royal Palaces of Abomey. And another one on 14 January 2015 Link
- Saltaire: Boathouse Inn, 2008
- San Cristobal de La Laguna: Bishop's Palace - Jan 2006
- St. Petersburg: Trinity Cathedral, Aug 25 2006
- Tombs of Buganda Kings: March 2010 Link
- Tsodilo: September-October 2008
- Valparaiso: City Centre - Feb 2007
- Venice and its Lagoon: La Fenice opera house - Jan 1996
- Wudang Mountains: Yuzhengong Palace - Jan 2003
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Cultural sites damaged by fire since inscription?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source