Fortress of S.Miguel
Fortress of S.Miguel is part of the Tentative list of Angola in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.
The Fortress of Sao Miguel, dating from 1576, was the first Portuguese fortification in Angola. It is a large and well-preserved construction. During Dutch rule in Angola between 1641 and 1648, the fort was known as Fort Aardenburgh.
Map of Fortress of S.MiguelLoad map
The coordinates shown for all tentative sites were produced as a community effort. They are not official and may change on inscription.
No reviews yet. Be the first!
1996 Added to Tentative List
The site has 1 locations