A star fort, bastion fort or trace italienne, is a fortification in a style that evolved during the age of gunpowder when the cannon came to dominate the battlefield. It was first seen in the mid-15th century in Italy. ... the star fortress was a very flat structure composed of many triangular bastions, specifically designed to cover each other, and a ditch. (wiki)
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Defence Line of Amsterdam: Naarden, Weesp
- Elvas: Forte de Santa Luzia Link
- Fortifications of Vauban: Neuf-Brisach
- Fortress of Suomenlinna Link
- Kronborg Castle Link
- La Fortaleza: Fort San Cristóbal, Fort San Felipe del Morro Link
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: Sabbioneta Link
- Québec: Citadel of Quebec Link
- St. Petersburg: Peter & Paul Fortress Link
- Venetian Works of Defence: Palmanova
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Star fort?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source