Rock Art in the Hail Region
Rock Art in the Hail Region of Saudi Arabia covers two sites with petroglyphs and inscriptions northwest and south of the city of Hail.
The two locations are:
- Jabal Umm Sinman, Jubbah
- Jabal al-Manjor and Jabal Raat, Shuwaymis
Map of Rock Art in the Hail Region
- ●● Cultural
Share your experiences!
Have you been to Rock Art in the Hail Region? Add your own review!
Community Rating N/A. Based on 0 votes.
Full name: Rock Art in the Hail Region of Saudi Arabia
Unesco ID: 1472
- Saudi Arabia
Criteria: 1 3
- 2015 - Inscribed
The site has 2 locations.
The site has 6 connections.
- Desert Cultural Landscapes: Great Nafud Desert
- Built in the 9th millennium BC: the record of surviving rock art commences shortly after 10,000 years ago (AB ev)
- Recently discovered: The Shuwaymis sites, although always known to the local Bedouin, were officially rediscovered only in 2001 (AB ev)
World Heritage Process
- Upstream process: Pilot project
1 community members have visited Rock Art in the Hail Region.