European Museum of the Year Award
The European Museum of the Year Award (EMYA), established in 1977, is presented each year by the European Museum Forum, under the Council of Europe. EMYA is awarded to two kinds of museums:
- Established museums that have undergone modernization or expansion during the past two years.
- New museums opened to the public in the previous two years.
|Ironbridge Gorge||Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Ironbridge (1977)|
|Liverpool||The Conservation Centre, Liverpool (1998)|
|Medina Azahara||Madinat al-Zahra Museum (2012)|
|Rock Art of Alta||Alta Museum, Alta (1993)|
|Salzburg||Salzburg Museum in Salzburg (2009)|
|Stralsund and Wismar||Ozeaneum Stralsund, Stralsund (2010)|
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to European Museum of the Year Award?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source