World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHS in the media www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS in the media /  

Podcasts

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:39 
meltwaterfalls:
The Rest is History

I won't come back and mention every episode that relates to a WHS, but this weeks double parter on Vikings Heading East, and the Birth of Russia has very good insights on Kiev, Novgorod, Birka, Istanbul (and more).

It is well worth a listen especially if like me, you are a little hazy on the details of these sites

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:44 
meltwaterfalls:
I won't come back and mention every episode that relates to a WHS, but this weeks double parter on Vikings Heading East, and the Birth of Russia has very good insights on Kiev, Novgorod, Birka, Istanbul (and more).

It is well worth a listen especially if like me, you are a little hazy on the details of these sites

Enjoyed it, too. Slav = slave makes more sense afterward. And you will be less of a viking fan afterwards.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:55 
Astraftis:
I found the moderator very British, I have to say :-D Thanks for all the suggestions, Ian! You opened me a new world. It's also an exercise of English listening (my use of English is mostly written and, when spoken, mostly with non-native speakers).

Sorry I missed this response.

Phew, In Our Time can be heavy going even for a native English speaker, the fact you can do it as a non native speaker is astonishing to me. And yes I can imagine the presenter, Melvyn Bragg, seeming very British to outsiders.

But as with most people on here, conducting and chronicling this pursuit in a second (third or fourth) language, puts my own pitiful language skills in sharp relief.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
WHS in the media www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS in the media /
 Podcasts

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑