World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHS in the media www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS in the media /  

Google Earth tool

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author alexlove74
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 28 Dec 2013 19:15 
Great news!

Author JonasK
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 5 Jan 2014 05:38 | Edited by: JonasK 
... unfortunately 2012`s inscriptions are still missing in Unesco's KML-File :(

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 5 Jan 2014 08:30 
I'm slowly trudging through mapping the 2012 sites, hopefully things can pick up in the next few weeks and I can put something on there, but those 700 odd French mining sites always put a dampner on things.

I'm also trying to rationalise the maps in that file, but Google Earth isn't really the easiest programme to do that on.
Out of interest are there any bits that people would find useful on that file?
Or things that would be handy in terms of a WHS map file for travellers.
Or anything they have noticed as misplaced?
Or does anyone know a good way of manipulating .kml data outside of Google Earth, I have played around with exporting to excel but it has only been mildly useful thus far.

It will take a while to get it sorted but I have been working on it in the background for a little while so will be good to have others ideas.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 23 Jan 2014 10:29 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Hi, right it has taken me a little while but here are the 2012 additions to tack on to the rest.

I have plans to start rationalising the whole file, and incorporate the 2012/13 sites but I guess it is going to be a few months before I get it all finished. If there are anything that people would find useful then let me know.

Hope this is off some use to you all, let me know if there are any glaring errors.

Author JonasK
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 26 Jan 2014 16:49 
THANK YOU!!

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 27 Jan 2014 17:02 
No worries, Glad it was of some use.

In mapping it I realised I had actually been to the Nord Pas de Calais Mining Site, but I'm not counting it. So it wasn't all wasted.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 30 Jul 2014 06:33 
I was just about to update my map with the 2014 inscriptions but it seems UNESCO have beaten me to it and finally included the 2012 & 2013 sites as well!

So that is good news.

You can download direct from the WHC site here.

Or for those without Google Earth, here it is as a slightly cumbersome Google Map

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
WHS in the media www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHS in the media /
 Google Earth tool

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑