World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Page  Page 9 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Author Liam
Partaker
#121 | Posted: 3 Oct 2020 04:09 
Nice to have options. Living in northern England the entire list of foreign destinations open to me with no restrictions (either upon arrival or return back to the UK) comprises Sweden, Italy, San Marino, Greece (mainland and certain islands) and Gibraltar. I've just had to cancel my family's planned trip to Cyprus this month.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#122 | Posted: 11 Oct 2020 14:39 

Author Jurre
Partaker
#123 | Posted: 8 Nov 2020 13:26 

Author Jurre
Partaker
#124 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 09:32 
So, are any of you risking travel in 2021? I haven't decided yet. It will probably also depend on if you've been vaccinated or not.

Some people seem to be banking on travel being possible again in the second half of 2021: Covid: 'I'm chancing a holiday abroad in 2021 - why not?'

Author elsslots
Admin
#125 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 09:56 
I hope to visit Costa Rica and its WHS in the 2nd half of March. Will finally decide around March 1, but the signs look good enough. Also cannot disappoint vantcj1 who cooked up some special sights and experiences for me!

Author Liam
Partaker
#126 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 17:20 
This Easter was the last chance for travel with my family prior to being at the mercy of having to cover school holidays. The original plan was to travel to Japan. That got downgraded to Cyprus (to use the flights we rescheduled from October last year). Our return flight has now been cancelled so that's off the agenda too. For the remainder of the year we'll prioritise seeing family around Great Britain (where I've already visited every WHS).

Maybe Easter 2022...

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#127 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 13:32 
Bringing up this painful topic again. I am tired of staying at home and looking for a travel destination over Easter.

Requirements:
- Country is open to European (German) travellers.
- Country does not enforce a mandatory quarantine.
- Country has open WHS.

PCR test pre and post trip is fine. I will probably also get Covid insurance.

I was thinking about Turkey. Any other ideas / suggestions?

Author elsslots
Admin
#128 | Posted: 28 Feb 2021 13:42 | Edited by: elsslots 
In (near) Europe, I'd say Turkey is your best bet. In Africa, Kenya and Tanzania and Egypt. In the Americas, Mexico and Costa Rica. Colombia possibly also.

Author mrayers
Partaker
#129 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 03:48 | Edited by: mrayers 
Now that we are moving steadily into the second year of this situation, I am curious if anyone from the community has completed the doses of a Covid vaccine and, if so, which version did you get and how difficult was it to arrange that?

In my case, I expect that I will have almost no chance of getting vaccinated any time soon, if ever. However, under the circumstances (this Teusday will be the one-year anniversary of my onset of covid symptoms, and next week I will get PCR test number 14 since September, which I am sure will be negative again,) I don't really mind being at the back of the line.

Of course, if vaccination status begins to significantly affect travel options, then I won't be so patient. Today I saw this news article, which hints at an upcoming era of confusion:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/covid-vaccine-travel-visa-rules-intl-hnk/index.html

China opens its borders to foreigners who take Chinese shots, as geopolitical vaccine silos emerge

Hong Kong (CNN) — China is making it easier for foreigners to enter the country. But there's one condition: they need to have received a China-made Covid-19 vaccine.

/snip/

Thomas also hopes for a best-case scenario where countries don't follow China's lead -- instead, they treat all vaccinated people the same, regardless of the vaccine, so long as the vaccine has data to support its efficacy. He hopes countries can stop treating the vaccine rollout as a race, and instead treat it as a global health issue.

"The viruses don't care about borders, they don't care about nationalities or races or religions or ideologies or ethnicities or anything like that, they just want to replicate and mutate," he said.

After an especially onerous set of red-tape procedures, I finally have approval to enter Thailand soon, but vaccination was not any part of the process. I will, for the first time, be doing the mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival, however.

In my original schedule for this Tour, I would have kept going until some time around this June. However, I have significantly over-spent already, thanks to covid. Since my permanent ending point is still closed tight, I will need to keep moving anyway. I would like to get to two or three more countries after Thailand, but the possibility of that is still unclear right now. If getting vaccinated will help with that I may need to resort to extraordinary measures to make that happen...

Author Liam
Partaker
#130 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 05:25 
My wife has had both shots of Pfizer as she works in a hospital. However UK government is prioritising over-50s or those with health conditions for the remainder of March. As I fall into neither of those two groups I wprobably won't get my first jab until May.

Author Walter
Partaker
#131 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 07:12 | Edited by: Walter 
As a health care professionnel i got my second dose of Moderna vaccine last week.
I was sick for two days, but that was expected.
And I had my 20th nasal PCR today anyway.
But:
- we don't know the vaccine real efficiency against each specific variants yet.
- most of Europe /Americas are in lockdown.
- most of Asia and Oceania blocks foreign travel.
- I still need to take a PCR test everytime i board a plane or cross a border.
- Airline traffic is still vers limited.
- many travel insurance do not cover covid related issue.
In brief: travel as we knew it, even with vaccine, is still not ready
My personnal prevision: end 2021-early 2022 at best.

Author Walter
Partaker
#132 | Posted: 20 Mar 2021 07:31 
One year ago, i posted doubts about the 44th session taking place in 2020, and predicted zero new inscription in 2020.
The 44th session was later postponed to June or July 2021.
Does anyone have any knews about it ?
It seems no date have been set yet.
That casts doubts on that session once again...

Author Jurre
Partaker
#133 | Posted: 5 Apr 2021 06:07 

Page  Page 9 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑