World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Zoe
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 06:59 
Yes but if you arrive at the moment you are also subject to that 14d self-isolation so keep it in mind for the rest of the year.

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 07:00 
I have never been there, but visitors can't go there by themselves (and buy the entrance fee on site) whithout a "park pass"?

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#63 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 07:04 
Zoe:
Yes but if you arrive at the moment you are also subject to that 14d self-isolation so keep it in mind for the rest of the year.

but the 14d self-isolation decision is not for the rest of the year

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#64 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 13:54 
Coa Valley tours (Portugal) are closed for the time being. Got my cancellation ths week. Still hoping that travel restrictions are put in place that I get a full refund from the airline.

Author joelonroad
Partaker
#65 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 19:31 
jeanbon:
I have never been there, but visitors can't go there by themselves (and buy the entrance fee on site) whithout a "park pass"?

I was at Uluru recently and the only road into and out of the national park is blocked off by a gate. You need to scan your park pass to open the gates. They don't sell the passes on site, only online or at the hotel area next to the airport (and if you're picking up a car they can sell you the pass at the rental desk as well). Remember that these are very remote locations so access control is not that difficult :)

Author Durian
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 15 Mar 2020 23:58 | Edited by: Durian 

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 16 Mar 2020 13:17 
joelonroad:
I was at Uluru recently and the only road into and out of the national park is blocked off by a gate. You need to scan your park pass to open the gates. They don't sell the passes on site, only online or at the hotel area next to the airport (and if you're picking up a car they can sell you the pass at the rental desk as well). Remember that these are very remote locations so access control is not that difficult :)

ok thank you for the information. I hope i could visit it soon (maybe october)

Author Durian
Partaker
#68 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:31 
India closes Taj Mahal

Along with the Taj Mahal, dozens of other protected monuments and museums across in the country including the Ajanta and Ellora caves

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid-19-india-taj-mahal-12546668

Author Durian
Partaker
#69 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:37 
Macau reopens WHSs

WHs have been closed since February as part of the government's COVID-19 prevention measures.

https://macaunews.mo/government-gradually-reopens-cultural-venues/

Author Durian
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:39 
Galapagos

Ecuador's government shut down access to the Galapagos Marine Reserve in order to prevent the arrival of the virus.

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/chile-guatemala-join-latin-american-neighbors-in-closing-borders/article_b6dd3b85-847e-5a5b-9cbb-8d5d32bf6afe.html

Author Durian
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:48 

Author clyde
Partaker
#72 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:59 
At this point I think only updates of reopening sites (like Macao) might be relevant.

Even if certain WHS remain open, foreigner access to the country might be impossible anyway.

Author Durian
Partaker
#73 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:12 

Author paul
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 09:26 
I'm stuck in a world heritage site! I'm sitting in a beautifully serene and empty Amsterdam, but leaving the Netherlands (and returning) is becoming almost impossible. KLM is very flexible - we have cancelled or rescheduled 3 trips. But I can't even cycle to my office!

First time in 30 years that I haven't travelled in the spring and summer!

Author Michael Turtle
Partaker
#75 | Posted: 17 Mar 2020 23:13 
jeanbon
Hopefully things will be back to normal by October <fingers crossed>.
But in the meantime, can I please point out to everyone that the official advice is to NOT visit places like Uluru and Kakadu at the moment because Indigenous communities are in a much higher risk category for coronavirus. So if you had the virus but were asymptomatic, for example, and visited sites with predominantly Indigenous populations, it could have a very serious effect on those communities (with fatalities highly likely).

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑