World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author mrayers
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 7 Mar 2020 07:51 
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions everyone! :-)

I finally feel like I am getting to the end of whichever virus I have had for the last two weeks (trying to keep a low profile during that time) so hopefully when I get to Berlin next week, I will actually be able to enjoy the places that were recommended...

Author tsunami
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 7 Mar 2020 14:24 | Edited by: tsunami 
clyde

Thanks for encouragement.

Good to see that most other hunters seem to be more adventurous and optimistic.

My pessimism may have come from the fact that I'm currently living where I don't speak any of their languages. :(

Author Durian
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 7 Mar 2020 19:38 
Italy will lock down Lombardy

Quarantine measure will be put on the whole Lombardy, many areas in Veneto also Parma and Modena. In some news article the restricted area will go further south to Urbino! So all museums and sites will be closed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Author Durian
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 7 Mar 2020 19:43 
Angkor Special Deal

Cambodia offers special deal for Angkor entry pass to attract more visitor during the Coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/03/07/cambodia-responds-to-coronavirus-outbreak-with-temple-ticket-deals

Author Durian
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 7 Mar 2020 19:47 
Special ritual ceremony to pray for early end of coronavirus outbreak

The ceremony called Goma hold by Kinpusanji Temple, part of Kii mountain WHS

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200307/p2a/00m/0na/006000c

Author Parsons
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 01:33 
Israel sounds like it is on the verge of entirely shutting down due to coronavirus fears, so I think I will have to abandon my plans to visit in a week and a half and continue from Jordan to Malta instead. Even if I can get in, it sounds like I might not be able to get out again without undergoing quarantine, which does not sound particularly fun.

Hopefully there will be availability for the hypogeum due to decreased tourism, at least...!

Author Durian
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 10:11 
Japan - Messengers of God invade city! Coronavirus effect in Nara

Japanese media reported that because of decrease of visitors, many deer, messenger of god in Japanese Shinto and Buddhism, in Nara Park have entered the city center to find food, as no visitors to buy rice crackers for them!!!

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ann?a=20200309-00000075-ann-soci

Author clyde
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 17:34 | Edited by: clyde 
Whole of Italy (mainland and islands) in lockdown not only the North at least till 3rd April

Author joelonroad
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 10 Mar 2020 00:16 
All arrivals to Israel are required to self-quarantine for 14 days regardless of their country of origin. Applies to Israelis from today, and foreigners from Thursday (12/03).
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51809818

Author christravelblog
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:05 
I cancelled all my trips outside of Europe until summer. Not in direct fear of COVID-19 itself but fear of getting stuck somewhere in quarantine without option getting home. I had a 3 week trip planned to Fiji, Samoa and Tuvalu (tuvalu no whs but if in fiji..why not hop there).
It's just the entry restriction and transit restriction that really worry me at the moment as they change daily. If you're stuck somewhere the airline normally will rebook another route but this sometimes might not be possible.

Now looking to make long weekend trips the coming weekends from the Netherlands.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:33 
Parsons:
Israel sounds like it is on the verge of entirely shutting down due to coronavirus fears, so I think I will have to abandon my plans to visit in a week and a half and continue from Jordan to Malta instead. Even if I can get in, it sounds like I might not be able to get out again without undergoing quarantine, which does not sound particularly fun.

Hopefully there will be availability for the hypogeum due to decreased tourism, at least...!

I think you should be safe, even without coronavirus. I managed to get a tocket for the hypogeum two years ago in August by going to the National War Museum on a Sunday morning to buy tickets for the next day. Even if it was 9am, there were still tickets, even though I had read messages you should go earlier if you want tickets for the hypogeum. Seems in Sunday morning people are later, somehow? Or maybe I was just lucky?

But anyway, it should be possible to get tickets for the hypogeum for the day after.

Author jeanbon
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 14:27 
Malta is closed for people coming from Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland and Spain...I had to go there on saturday!!
https://fr.news.yahoo.com/malte-barricade-face-au-coronavirus-160742960.html

Author Colvin
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 21:06 | Edited by: Colvin 
US now restricting all travel to the US from Europe (save for the UK) for 30 days starting from this Friday night, 13 March, at midnight, according to a presidential address.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 12 Mar 2020 08:10 
And the fallout from the US's travel restrictions on Europe.

Author Durian
Partaker
#45 | Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:14 

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Coronavirus (Covid-19) and WHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑