World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

| Begin | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Mapping Former TWHS

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#136 | Posted: 8 Jan 2019 05:48 
Assif:
@meltwaterfalls: Could you please update Bunzi and Qarqabis?

Hi Assif,

Thanks for picking these up I will try to find time to do them in the next few days.

Author Assif
Partaker
#137 | Posted: 8 Jan 2019 13:53 | Edited by: Assif 
Down to two
meltwaterfalls:
meltwaterfalls:
Burkina Faso Niangouri
Cameroon Cases-obus de Karsiki

I could not find Niangouri not even on an archaeological map of Burkina Faso, although it is supposed to be one of the most significant archaeological sites in the country. I guess it has competing names, but I couldn't crack it.

As to Cases-obus de Karsiki (aka Kapsiki): Solivagant found out that there are two ethnic groups with cases-obus which could be meant, either the Kapsiki who live further away from Waza NP at Rhumsiki or the Mousgoum who live nearer to Waza NP. Since both Waza NP and the Kapsiki are mentioned in the name there is no way to find out which of the two was meant. I would hence suggest for us to adopt two coordinates, one for each alternative. I think this would be a more informative solution than leaving both out.
Rhumsiki 10.48333333, 13.6
Bouli Mousgoum 10.73333333, 14.68333333

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#138 | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 12:35 
Right I have added all of those in / removed the newly found duplicates

Here is the updated map

Our only missing site now is:
Burkina Faso Niangouri

For some reason if I google "Niangouri Burkina Faso" the first result I get back is Kirikongo. I can't really work out why, but it is an archaeological site in Burkina Faso.

Will keep plugging away and see if it can somehow be completed.

Author Assif
Partaker
#139 | Posted: 13 Feb 2019 15:26 
I have just learnt to know that Shakh Fazil in Kyrgyzstan was subsumed into Silk Roads of Kyrgyzstan TWHS and is therefore no FTWHS.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#140 | Posted: 12 Mar 2019 22:01 
4 sites to remove from the map et from https://www.worldheritagesite.org/tentative/former

Huangguoshu Waterfalls
Church of Santiago de Penalba
Gradefes - Church of San Miguel de Escalada
Tarrasa - Acropolis S.Miguel, S Pedro and Sta Maria

They have been added on TL.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#141 | Posted: 14 Mar 2019 20:06 | Edited by: jonathanfr 
Niangouri = Kirikongo ?

We don't have to find absolute proof that it's 2 names are related but can we validate that?

In the following link, the site is entitled "Falaises de Niangouri" but I don't know if in Kirikongo there are cliffs.
https://whc.unesco.org/archive/1995/whc-95-conf203-inf7e.pdf

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Mapping Former TWHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑