World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Former TWHS

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 06:32 
Site Pittoresque de la Cote Nord-Ouest = Maybe Serra de Tramuntana ?

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 07:18 | Edited by: Solivagant 
jonathanfr:
Site Pittoresque de la Cote Nord-Ouest = Maybe Serra de Tramuntana

Maybe -would anywhere on the mainland be called the "NW Coast"? But is it a "site pittoresque" - not a phrase I would use of it, it is too grand but perhaps "pittoresque" in French has slightly different connotations?

Acropole (St-Michel, St-Pierre, Ste-Marie)
Eglise de St-Michel d' Escalada [Gradefes (Leon)]
Eglise de Ste-Marie [Eunate (Navarre)]
Eglise du Saint-Sépulcre [Torres del Rio. Navarre)]
I think these are all on the Route of Santiago de Compostela. This mentioned in our "history" of the site. The only surprise is that S de Comp was inscribed in 1993 so, why these were still on a Spanish T List in 1997 I don't know!

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 07:33 
Real Monasterio de San Juan de la Peña y su entorno, Aragón
Spanish wiki - "Forma parte del camino aragonés del Camino de Santiago".

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 07:38 | Edited by: jonathanfr 
Solivagant:
The only surprise is that S de Comp was inscribed in 1993 so, why these were still on a Spanish T List in 1997 I don't know!

Sometimes UNESCO is slow to erase from tentative lists some sites inscribed in previous years, as seen in this connection:
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/connection/Already+inscribed%2C+still+on+T+List
Maybe they are waiting for the green light of the country itself

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 08:25 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Nuevo Baztán, Madrid
Definitely seems to be a "genuine" Former T List.
Appeared on Spain's T List July 97 and disappeared in 2001.
Nothing anywhere near it now.
Interesting to consider Why it might have been thought to have OUV. Possibly as an example of an Industrial planned town - "The historic centre was designed as an industrial and housing complex laid out on a grid plan. It was promoted and developed by the prominent politician and publisher Juan de Goyeneche (1656–1735)"
Or alternatively for its Palace - "The Goyeneche Palace in Nuevo Baztán, Community of Madrid, Spain, is an eighteenth-century palace with a linked church. It was designed by José de Churriguera, an architect known for a profusely decorated style known as Churrigueresque. The church's interior is an example of this style."
Or both?

jonathanfr:
Site Pittoresque de la Cote Nord-Ouest = Maybe Serra de Tramuntana ?

The 1996 T List is in Spanish and it has an entry
"48 Paraje pintoresco Costa NO Mallorca" - so it looks as if your guess about Serra de Tramontana for this in French as it was later entered was correct! (NO = noroeste presumably )

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 09:14 
Ensemble historique du bourg de Betancuria
Was on Spain's 1996 T List but had disappeared on the 2001 one.
There is currently no T List site on Fuerteventura - its presence for those years fits Spain's approach of trying to have a WHS on each of its islands. They must have decided that this just wasn't up to it!
So - Former T List

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 09:39 
Ruta minero-industrial, Castilla-La Mancha
Las canteras de s'Hostal (Ciutadella), Robadones (es Castell), Binicalssitx (Ferreries) y Santa Ponça (Alaior). Menorca
Both seem to be within the current T List of Mining Historical Heritage
Our description of its history already recognises that it includes Las canteras de s'Hostal (Ciutadella)

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 09:50 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Cathédrale de l'Annonciation [Grenade]
Must be "Former T List" as it isn't included in the extended Granada WHS or Spain's current T List.
Spain must have concluded that "more cathedrals" wasn't the way to go.
Another Spanish T List entry which survived from quite early on (pre 96??) but disappeared in the clear out of 2001

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 10:33 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Espagne Paisajes y Rutas del Quijote, Castilla-La Mancha
As far as I can see - this lasted on Spain's T List for ONE year only - new on 26 Jun 1998 and missing by Oct 1999.
I can see NO current T List which encompasses it - "The Mediterranean Windmills" has one location in the form of "Molinos de Campo de Criptana" which might have been included in the Quijote T List site (no documentation about it that I can find - though the towns involved have created a "Ruta de Don Quijote" - see http://www.turismocastillalamancha.es/folletos-digitales/ruta-don-quijote/ ). This group of Windmills ise claimed to include those which Cervantes knew and would have based his story on - but nothing else and most of this T List site's windmills are elsewhere.
I guess Spain concluded that a serial site based on a fictional character wasn't going to succeed.
I think we should treat as "Former T List"??

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 12:14 
Solivagant:
Acropole (St-Michel, St-Pierre, Ste-Marie)

In fact it refers to the following Catalan site:
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/tentative/former/Tarrasa+-+Acropolis+S.Miguel%2C+S+ Pedro+and+Sta+Maria

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 12:42 
I think there are still 3 sites to study:
- Basilique de Saint Jean [Palencia]
- Nord-ouest de l' Ile de Ténériffe = not covered by Teide National Park
- Patrimonio Cultural Judío, Castilla-La Mancha = covered by Toledo, but maybe an extension

Author Assif
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 13:08 
jonathanfr:
It's not the same "Santa Maria", here it's propably "Santa María la Real de Nájera"

Then it is a part of the Columbus TWHS.

Author Assif
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 13:09 
jonathanfr:
a. genuine missing "Former TWHS"

Add National Park of Calabria: Sila TWHS is only a part of it.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 13:11 
Basilique de Saint Jean [Palencia] - covered by existing T List - Plasencia - Monfragüe - Trujillo : Paysage méditerranéen??
Nord-ouest de l' Ile de Ténériffe - "Former T LIst" . I guess they had thought of having the Teno mountains and towns like Garachio and Icod.
Patrimonio Cultural Judío, Castilla-La Mancha - Toledo by itself hardly seems "enough" but the rest of Castilla-La Mancha doesn't seem particularly "special" to provide extra locations. probalby better simply to regard it as another "Former T List" entry?

So - that is everything?? Just need to get them listed for Els??

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#45 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 13:31 
Solivagant:
Basilique de Saint Jean [Palencia] - covered by existing T List - Plasencia - Monfragüe - Trujillo : Paysage méditerranéen??

Palencia ≠ Plasencia, so I thing it's a "Former T List"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_San_Juan_Bautista,_Ba%C3%B1os_de_Cerrato

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Former TWHS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑